The fund is an actively managed fixed interest portfolio that invests mainly in nominal and inflation linked government and corporate bonds, with the aim to provide inflation beating returns.
SAFFRON BCI ACTIVE BOND FUND
In order to achieve this objective, investments may include a combination of assets in liquid form, bonds and interest-bearing securities, including loan stock, debentures, debenture bonds, notes, money market instruments, corporate debt and non-equity securities. The portfolio may also invest in participatory interests and other forms of participation in portfolios of collective investment schemes or other similar schemes operated in territories with a regulatory environment which is to the satisfaction of the manager and trustee of a sufficient standard to provide investor protection at least equivalent to that in South Africa and which is consistent with the portfolio’s primary objective.
The fund may from time to time invest in listed and unlisted financial instruments, in accordance with the provisions of the Act, and the Regulations thereto, as amended from time to time, in order to achieve the portfolio’s investment objective. The manager may also include forward currency, interest rate and exchange rate swap transactions for efficient portfolio management purposes.
Suitable for investors:
- Who seek actively managed exposure to the South African bond market
- Who are risk averse, seeking exposure to less risky assets
- Seeking to utilise the fund as a building block for a diversified portfolio
- Seeking innovative and active investment management exposure to capital growth and income generating investments
- With an investment horizon of at least 36 months
- Fund Manager Ι Brandon Quinn
- Assistant Manager Ι Anina Swiegers
- Benchmark Ι JSE All Bond Index (ALBI)
- ASISA Fund Classification Ι South African – SA Interest Bearing – Variable Term
- Minimum lump sum Ι R10,000.00
- Minimum debit order Ι R500.00